Rober Downey Jr started his career when he was 5 years old. He has starred in at least 75 different movies. But most people know him for his superhero role of Ironman in the Marvel movies. His father, Robert Downey Sr, was a filmmaker and actor, and his mother, Elsie Ford, was an actress too.
|Full Name||Robert Downey Jr|
|Born||April 4, 1965|
|Birthplace||Manhattan, New York|
|Country of Origin||United States|
|Spouse||Deborah Falconer (1992-2004)Susan Downey (2005- )|
|Children||Indio Falconer Downey(29)Exton Elias Downey(10)Avri Roel Downey(7)|
Robert Downey Jr Family and Early Life
Robert Downey Jr was born in 1965. Many people ask how old is Robert Downey Jr, so right now, he is 57 years old. His father and mother were both actors, and his older sister was into acting too. So, coming from an acting family, he was always into acting.
He was raised in Greenwich Village. When he was 13 years old, his parents divorced, and he went to attend Santa Monica High School. Unfortunately, he didn’t complete his diploma and dropped out.
He made his debut at the age of 5 years old. His father directed the movie Pound(1970). He was in other small roles after that in his father’s movies. From an early age, he started taking drugs.
And at the age of 20, he was a full-fledged drug addict. And do you know who introduced him to drugs?- the answer is his father when he was eight years old. Robert Downey Jr has gone to jail so many times, and there was a time when he was arrested for his drug addiction.
Robert Downey Jr Career
He has starred in several movies, but the roles were small. The first time he was in a lead role was in 1987. That was a romantic-comedy movie named The Pick-up Artist, and his role was Jack Jericho. He acted alongside Jami Gartz and Andrew McCarthy in Less Than Zero, 1987.
One of the notable performances of Robert Downey Jr was in 1992 when he played the role of Charlie Chaplin in the biographical movie Chaplin. He was nominated for the Academy Award for best actor.
In 1992, he was in the Last Party. In 1994 he was in a romantic comedy film named Only You. He acted in Richard III in 1995 alongside Sam Neill and Meg Ryan in the film. He was also in the movie Home for the Holidays, where Holly Hunter also starred.
In 2001, he received a Golden Globe Award for best supporting actor. There were other notable films as well, like, The Singing Detective, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and Tropic Thunder. But, in 2008, his life changed after he played the role of Ironman in the marvel cinematic universe.
Robert Downey Jr Notable Performance
In 2008, Robert Downey Jr signed for marvel cinematic universe to play the role of Tony Stark, aka Ironman. Whether he was in a cameo or lead role, every marvel movie has crossed $500 million worldwide. Some of the films are as follows.
- The Avengers
- Iron Man 3
- Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Captain America: Civil War
- Avengers: Infinity War
These five movies have earned more than $1 billion. He was also in the Sherlock Holmes movies and played the main role. In 2009, he earned his second Golden Globe Award. Statistics show Robert Downey Jr’s movies had a box-office collection of more than $4.8 billion (as of 2018).
He has worked with some famous celebrities like Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Hemsworth, and Ben Stiller. As of now, he is the third highest-paid actor of all time. Robert Downey Jr net worth is $300 Million (the data as of October 2022).
Robert Downey Jr Movies
Here is a list of movies that you should definitely watch.
- Chaplin, 1992
- Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, 2005
- Topic Thunder, 2008
- Iron Man, 2008,
- Sherlock Holmes, 2009
- Due Date, 2010
- Avengers, 2012
- The Judge, 2014
- Avengers: Infinity War, 2018
Robert Downey Jr Awards
Here is a list of awards that Robert Downey Jr won.
- Bafta Awards (Best Actor, Chaplin, 1992)
- Golden Globe Awards (Best Cast, Shorts Cuts, 1994)
- Golde Globe Awards (Best Actor, Sherlock Holmes, 2010)
- Kids Choice Award (Favorite Male Butt Kicker, Iron Man 3, 2014)
- MTV Awards (Best Fight, The Avengers, 2013)
Robert Downey Jr Quotes
Here you will find the famous quotes of Robert Downey Jr.
- “I think part of my destiny has to be realizing that I’m not the poster boy for drug abuse. I’m just this guy who has a really strong sense of wanting home and wanting foundation and having not had it, I now choose to create it.”
- “I don’t drink these days. I’m allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs.”
- “I took my drugs after work and on the weekends. Maybe I’d turn up hungover on the set, but no more so than the stuntman. …I was playing this junkie-faggot guy, and, for me, the role was like the ghost of Christmas future. The character was an exaggeration of myself. Then things changed, and, in some ways, I became an exaggeration of the character. That lasted far longer than it needed to last.”
- “Worrying is like praying for something that you don’t want to happen.”
- “To me, friendship means loving tolerance.”
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Here, you will find some interesting questions and answers.
⁍ There are a lot of movies that Robert Downey Jr made, here are some movies that have the best ranking.
• Richard III
• Short Cuts
• True Believer
• Avengers: Endgame
• Iron Man
• Baby, It’s You
• Good Night, And Good Luck
• The Avengers
• Captain America: Civil War
⁍ Hollywood star or our favorite Robert Downey Jr was asked if he would return to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He was in the Joe Rogan podcast show. He replied that, “that is not likely to happen anytime soon.”
⁍ Will Robert Downey Jr suit up the famous Iron man armor, or will there be no Iron Man 4 movie? There will be an Iron Man 4 movie. He said Yes, in the Ellen show a few days ago.
Most marvel fans ask how tall is Robert Downey Jr, so he is not a tall person. He is 173cm or 5ft 8in. So, you don’t need to be a tall person to be a superhero. There is no doubt that he is one of the best actors of all time. Right now, he is the most popular and one of the highest-paid actors.
Please give your valuable feedback in the comment section below.